2

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Greetings from Japan!

After flying nearly 12 hours, I finally arrived in Narita International Airport in Japan. As usual, the flight to Japan wasn’t bad at all since I slept most of my way here + I’ve done the LAX/Tokyo flight gazillion of times. But I’m slightly feeling disoriented at the moment since the clock on my laptop still displays NY time, while my watch is LA time, and the clock on the wall is Tokyo time. Anyway, on my way here, when I wasn't sleeping, I kept myself busy by talking to this guy who was sitting right next to me. He was this “grandpa-like” white guy figure probably in his late 60’s, who was on his way to Cambodia. I’m not exactly 100% sure what he does but from what I gather, he’s a recruiter who specializes in helping Southeast Asian graduate student secure jobs in the US for Fortune 500 companies. Interesting thing (well maybe not so interesting) was that after I told him that I was a graduate student, he asked me if I was from CAMBODIA?! Hahaha.. hilarious. I know I’m dark but… Anyway, he turned out to be quite an interesting guy with wealth of interesting information about life and business. For some reason, I seem to always attract talkers on the plane.. which I never mind it.

I have to say its such a great feeling to be back in Tokyo. It’s hard to describe but its similar to when you take a long vacation somewhere and you leave your family for a very long time, and then when you finally return home. It’s that feeling that I’m experiencing right now. I’m so comfortable with the surrounding and the people that I feel I fit right in… no, not because I’m a fob :) As you might know, I was here only 6 months ago for my friend, Yuko and Atsushi’s wedding but feels like a long time ago though. I just arrived at my cousin’s house in Azabu-Jyuuban which is fairly close to where I use to live and work.

I just landed few hours but I already have a full schedule ahead. I’m planning to meet and catch up with numerous friends, family members, and ex co-workers before I take off for Hong Kong for hard labor summer internship. I’ll probably also try to squeeze in a day trip somewhere outside of Tokyo with a friend – perhaps a hot spring trip.

For my friends in Japan (or anybody else), you can contact me at my cellphone in Tokyo: 080-3201-4898

I’m totally craving for some good ramen and sushi right now… I’ll blog more later after I'm done with dinner. Hope ya'll are having a good week.

Flight map on my personal TV monitor -- almost to Japan!


View from my window...flying above Japan. 10 minues before landing




1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Jack,

I'm so happy that you are having such a wonderful time, all over the world!

How do manage to leave things behind and just enjoy life? I'd really like to know! I can't seem to let go of anything. I'm so greedy...

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home