2

Monday, May 23, 2005

Weekend in San Francisco

Friday Night - after driving 6 hours, I finally got to SF. I had dinner with Paigie at this sangria & tapas place called "Cha Cha Cha" in Haight/Ashbury. Eating tapas reminded me of Japanese Izakaya except instead of sake, we had sangria, and instead of yakitori, we had calamari. The place was really busy and happening on a Friday night which made it more fun. We drank a huge pitcher of sangria and needless to say, I was a bit drunk after dinner. For dinner, we had fried calamari, jerk chicken, pork chop, and side of plaintains. Then we had caramel flan wich was awesome - it tasted just like the ones I use to have in Tokyo during my "flan phase".


Domaine Carnero Vineyard (Napa Valley)




Saturday - On Saturday morning, me and my friends drove to Napa for some wine tasting. First, we stopped over at a vineyard called "Domaine Carnero" for some drink. The drink was very good and the view of the surrounding area from where we were sitting was fantastic. This was my 2nd time at this particular vineyard and its probably one of my favorite one in Napa. After our drinks, we had a nice lunch at Bistro Giovanni. The food (and the dessert) was excellent. Then we went to another vineyard called "V.Sattuci" for some more wine tasting. Bought my parents two bottles of wine and spent the rest of the afternoon shopping at the Premium Outlet before we drove back to the city. Then at night, Bea, Doris, Claudia and I had dinner at this Buck Wheat Crepe place in the city. Basically what it is a a giant warm crepe made out of Buck Wheat with various stuffing that you choose. I had the shrimp, mushroom and carmelized onion crepe and it was REALLY good. After dinner, we drove around the city until about 1am when we decided to go home. It was a long day but I had a great time.

Garden at Bistro Giovanni


Wine Tasting at V. Satucci Vineyard (Napa Valley)


Sunday - Drove back from SF to LA just in time for my dad's 60th birthday dinner with their friends in Rowland Heights at this Taiwanese restaurant. It was my second time there but probably my parent's Nth time. They absolutely love that place. The food was pretty good but what I really like about the restaurant was that they are super clean. Okay, maybe not as clean as "Ding-Tai Fung" in Arcadia but clean enough with pretty decent ambience which made the dinining experience much more pleasureable (at least for me - although my mom's favorite line for me is "you can't eat the ambiance anyways").

It's funny how time flies so quickly because as far as I can remember, its been around 3 years since I last visited San Francisco. Visiting SF this weekend has made me realize how much I missed the city! I was feeling all nostalgic while driving across on the Bay Bridge on Friday. Before this weekend, I never really considered moving back to SF to work/live after MBA - but now, I'm totally open to the idea. I think it would be fun to actually live in the city.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love SF too!

i will definately come visit you often if you move there:)

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home