2

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Day in LA

I spent the day doing typical LA thing -- shopping, going to the gym, eating out, and being stuck in a horrendous traffic. I went out to 3rd Street in Santa Monica around noon and the Beverly Center in the afternoon for some shopping... picked up few things that would come in handy for my internship (all necessities of course) :)

On the way back from LA, I was stuck on the 101 and 5 for the longest time. It literally took me about 1.5 hours to drive around 30 miles (!!). Being stuck in the horrible LA traffic brought back a lot of bad memory of when I had to drive all around LA to client's site during my consulting years. I miss a lot of things about LA but definitely not the traffic. It seems like the traffic is getting worse and worse everytime I'm back.. either that or I'm just use to the driving in Ithaca. I mean what city has traffic around noon time? Ridiculous. Then at night, I attended my youngest brother's award ceremony for academic excellence at his High School. He was one of the few who got an additional medallion for his achievement. Very proud of him.

2 Comments:

Blogger bookbug said...

wow, your brother is also super clever?! i wanna go visit to LA for seeing your mom and getting some informations how i should raise my son like you guys..

10:24 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Yuko, knowing you, you will be a great and fun mom! :)

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home