2

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Weekend in Las Vegas

Since Monday was a holiday (Memorial Day), me and my LA friends drove down to LAS VEGAS to have some fun. I had a really great time gambling, shopping, and eating (what else do you do in Vegas?).... But I think I ate too much this weekend. We first started out with seafood buffet (great lobster tail) on Saturday night, then we had the Rio World Carnival buffet (crab legs - yum) on Sunday, and then we ended the weekend by driving back to LA to Koreatown to have Korean BBQ at this place called Manna. So stuffed.

We also managed to do some outlet shopping where I bought few sweaters for the cold winter of Ithaca. I also played Blackjack and slot machine. Overall, I came out about $30 under -- which was not bad considering that I had expected to lose a lot more.

We also visited the new luxurious Wynn hotel on the strip. Wynn was pretty impressive with all of the luxurious feel of an upscale hotel, but minus the "uppidy" feel of Bellagio (in my opinion).

It was nice to hang out with my LA friends once again. It has been awhile since I went on a trip with them although we use to go everywhere together (and I still try to with my schedule). I wish I can go to Cancun with them in July but hopefully they'll take lots of pics so I can live vicarously through them. They are my closest group of friends whom I have known forever. Even though I haven't lived in LA for few years now, its always good to know that whenever I'm back and we hang out, it feels as if I never really left LA.

After the seafood buffet


Inside Wynn Hotel


Cool lights in Wynn


Interesting shoe store in Wynn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home