2

Friday, June 10, 2005

Friday fun

In the afternoon, I met up with Elaine, my old college friend from Berkeley in Shinjuku to catch up over tea & dessert. It was good catching up with her especially since I haven't seen her in ages it seems like. Come to think of it, we barely saw each other when we were in LA (not that I was in LA that much anyway). But she's here few months to learn some Japanese...and will be attending Columbia for business school in the fall. After meandering around, we end up going to one of my favorite cafe, Comme Ca Cafe in Shinjuku. The desserts were delicious...just like what I remember to be. I use to come here pretty often since they have excellent (both in taste and in aesthetic) cakes. That also probably explains the extra pounds I gained when I lived here :)

Various kinds of cakes displayed behind the glass. I really like the simple interior and layout of this store. Mental Note: Must remember this for future :)


Elaine and I at Comme Ca Cafe in Shinjuku


I ordered the Berry Chocolat cake. It tasted even better than it looked.


Mont Blanc cake that Elaine ordered


At night, I attended Sherman and Ritsu's bachelor party at this place called "Halekai's" in Nishi-Azabu. Timing has it, both Sherman and Ritsu are getting married (not to each other of course) in the coming months. There were about 15 guys who showed up...and it was definitely good times seeing old friends. We pretty much talked, drank, and ate till we couldn't anymore. Since I will be slaving working away this summer in HK, its unfortunate that I won't be able to attend Sherman and Rie's wedding in Hawaii next month...sigh... but good news is that I will definitely try to come back to Tokyo in August for the Nijikai (and see baby Yamamoto :) Ritsu will be attending b-school at Columbia in the fall, so I"m sure I will see more of him in NY this year. After dinner, most of the guys continued the night with more fun in Roppongi. Since I had to wake up early the next morning to visit my grandmother's grave, I called it a night and went home.

The lucky soon-to-be hitched guys: Sherman, and Ritsu. For fun, we made them wear a funny clown wig with a sash which said "I'm a Princess". Hilarious.


Bachelor party dinner - whoever took this picture had one too many to drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home