2

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Mariah in Concert















Yes, as the title suggest -- I went to see Mariah Carey tonight at Madison Square Garden in NYC!! I went with my co-worker Scott. The concert was AWESOME and I had so much fun. We were 10th row from the center stage. Scott even got to touch Mariah when she was walked through the crowd singing "always be my baby"!! Totally happy for him since he's a huge fan of Mariah!

There's something about Mariah's songs that brings back memory no matter how old or new the song is. I think one of my favorite song tonight was "I'll be there" but I also really enjoyed her new songs from her Mimi album.

All of Mariah's old songs definitely "ages well". By that I mean none of her songs really sound corny or lame even after all these years. For example, unlike say, Amy Grant's songs... in which you listen to it now and the lyrics and rhythm just instantly makes you gag sometimes....some of her songs just sounds a bit outdated. not with mariah's songs. you know what i mean?

We also saw P.Diddy, Jay-Z, Sean Paul, and few other artists perform tonight at Mariah's concert.

Overall, it was a fantastic nite.

Here are the songs that she sang tonight:

01. It's Like That
02. Heartbreaker
03. Dreamlover
04. My All
05. Shake It Off
06. Vision of Love
07. Fly Like a Bird
08. I'll Be There
---"B" Stage:
09. Fantasy
10. Don't Forget About Us
11. Always Be My Baby
---End "B" Stage
12. Honey
13. I Wish You Knew (Snippet)
14. Can't Let Go (Snippet)
15. Thank God I Found You/Make It Last (Snippet)
16. One Sweet Day (Snippet)
17. Hero
18. Make It Happen
---Encore:
19. We Belong Together
20. Butterfly Reprise


1 Comments:

Blogger AkaRingo said...

didn't know you are a fan of her! what a surprise!

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home