2

Friday, June 09, 2006

la update

it's so great to be back home. i love the sunny socal weather and love spending time with my family and friends. everytime i'm home, i keep telling myself that one day i'll come back and settle down here. but in the mean time (i.e. the next 2~3 years) i'll have to compromise and make hk my new home. i realized that i can't have everything in life - the career that i want in a city that i want to be in, so there are certain sacrifices that i have to make in life to get what i want. i guess that's part of being an adult.

so i've been trying to use my time efficiently at home. well, i've volunteered to do a major cleaning and organizing of the entire house. with all the stuff that i moved back from ny, the house is even more cluttered with stuff everywhere. i'm completely reorganizing the den, my room, and even my brother's room. donated/tossed out old furniture and will need to go shopping for new ones (i.e. couch, entertainment set, etc for the den). i've always been the anal "neat freak" in the family but somebody has to be, right? my family thinks i'm crazy for trying to do all this cleaning. i feel like a monica geller sometimes.

yesterday, one of our family friend invited me over to his company for some meeting. he didn't tell me what the meeting was about but thinking that it was probably something casual, i went over to his office. basically they own this large global corporation that designs and manufactures high end furniture.. pretty impressive company. anyways, so i show up at the company thinking that our family friend probably just wants to tell me about something... maybe some weekend plans with my parents which is nothing unusual since my parents are really good friends with them. so i get there, and the receptionist shows me to a conference room. right when i walk in, i see a panel of probably 10+ people all dressed up, all employees of the company, sitting across the large conference room table all waiting for me! then the family friend shows up...basically, he wanted to conduct a panel interview and discussion specifically to learn more about my MBA experience -- and i was their guest speaker! i was completely suprised... but i managed to share my own experience and give them tips and recommendations. overall i think the session went pretty well considering that i was basically thrown into it unexpectedly. i got asked tons of mba related questions but no curve ball questions since i've practically heard all of the possible questions there is to be asked in the past year from being part of the admissions committee. i probably turned slightly red in the beginning though, but lucky for me, i'm too dark for anybody to even notice =D

alright, will write more tomorrow... going to sleep now.. oyasumi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home