2

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!

I can't believe it's been awhile again since my last entry. I've been so lazy in keeping this thing up to date... I hope I don't make this a habit. So what have I been up to since the last entry? Here are some of the stuff:

4th of JULY

Happy 4th of July ya'll! This morning, I woke up and finally went out and bought a new mattress to take with me to HK. I had no idea mattresses were so expensive. Well, I knew they were expensive, but I didn't know it was *that* expensive. I end up buying Simmons Beautyrest line of mattress. I remember their commercials few years ago. Basically the bed is made in a way that if one person rolls around on their side of the bed, the other side is not effected in terms of movement. Considering that we spend 1/3 of our life sleeping in bed, I think it is a good buy. Now, I just need to go to Ikea and buy a nice bed frame to take with me.

then around noon.....



MALIBU
- B, R and I drove to Malibu to have seafood lunch at Neptune's Net Seafood. It was my first time there and the food was so good. We had tons of fried calamari, shrimp, clams, crab cake, and oysters. I'm sure its not exactly the healthiest thing to eat but it was definitely worth the ginormous cholestrol and caloric intake. Afterwards, we briefly walked around the beach and was quite a beautiful day. Malibu was fun and afterwards we drove to Santa Monica and did some shopping on 3rd Street Promenade.

Then came home and had dinner with my brother Tom who came home just to have dinner with me since I'm leaving for NY/LNDN/HK this weekend. I found out that he's decided to move back home in September since our house is much closer to his new work. So it'll be cool to have him back at home. With me gone, at least he will be home to take care of my parents and brother if they need any help with anything.

GOT MY BRACES OFF
Yup, you heard it. I finally got my braces off last week!!!! woohoo! After 4+ long years, my bling-bling is finally off and I can now smile with teeth in every picture I take! If I must say, my ortho did an excellent job and I'm quite satisfied with how my teeth turned out. The downside is that I have to wear my retainer 24x7 for the entire first year, and after that, I only have to wear it at night. I guess that's good because it'll make sure all my teeth will be where it's suppose to be. Another good thing about not having braces is that now it only takes me few minutes to floss rather than my usual full 15 minutes to floss through every single teeth and brackets. Overall, I recommend getting braces if you're even remotely thinking about getting it done. Just do it because it'll be done before you know it.

WEEKEND
This weekend was pretty busy. Friday, all of us went to watch Superman. The movie and the special effect was pretty good. I thought some of the lines were a bit cheesy but I guess that's how it's suppose to be. Also, I thought Superman's face looked kind of plastic-ky...kind of like a mannequin. Afterwards, went to a bar with Chris and hung out with him until wee hours. Next night, I had dinner with friends at Rowland Heights at this somewhat new HK/Chinese cafe called Boston Cafe. The food was pretty good. Then went to a bar with a friend in Laguna Beach. The place was pretty fun and I had a great time.

The next day, I just did some more houseware shopping during the day at Ikea and went to the Beverly Center and shopped in the afternoon. I also took a whole bunch of my "almost new" clothes that I cleaned out from my closet and took it to this used clothing store on Melrose to sell. I figured I no longer wear any of these clothes and might as well get some cash for it. It's quite interesting how used clothes store work. I have never bought or sold anything to them so it was interesting to check it out. Well, I had no idea they were this picky! Basically, you show them what you want to sell them and they'll tell you how much they can sell it for in their store. They will offer to pay you 35% of their selling price. After inspecting my clothes, they told me they don't buy any "non-designer" clothes such as French Connection, Banana Republic, and Armani Exchange brand. And out of my two bags of clothes they only wanted to buy 2 pieces of clothes. They bought my brand new dolce & gabbana summer jacket and this new d&g shirt (still with tags!) that I have never worn for $25 -- for both! I guess it's better to get some money then just toss it or collect dust in my closet. Looking back, those two were actually pretty hideous....I have no idea why I even bought them in the first place. Then I took the rest of the stuff to a 2nd vintage clothing store on Melrose and sold 2 more pairs of jeans for some more pocket cash. Then at night, I went out with a friend to a bar till the wee hours. Overall, it was a very good weekend.



The Devil Wears Prada
Last night, I went to see Devil Wears Prada with R and B. I really liked the movie A LOT. It was pretty funny and Meryl Streep's character was awesome. Anne Hathaway also did a good job with her character. She's always so good at playing a "before" and "after" kind of movie like in Princess Diary. Overall, I highly recommend this movie.

3 Comments:

Blogger AkaRingo said...

oh, i wanna watch it too!

6:57 AM  
Blogger AkaRingo said...

oh, i wanna watch it too!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Anna Banana said...

Congrats, please post your pictures with your big smile!!!

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home