2

Thursday, April 21, 2005

random babble...

As my first year at Cornell is quickly winding down to an end (4 more weeks!), I am left with a sense of bittersweetness. On one hand, I can't believe how quickly the last 8 months has passed by. It seemed like it was only last month that I was (painfully) trying to relocate myself half way across the world from Tokyo to Ithaca....giving away anything and everything i owned on the way in order to make my move easier... but later finding out that I had to essentially buy back most of the same stuff I gave away a week before.

But on the other hand, the cold harsh winter months of Ithaca has really made it feel like eternity here (afterall, what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger). Now that I'm almost half way done with my MBA program, I'm excited to start my internship this summer in Hong Kong. Hong Kong is definitely one of the cities that I trully would not mind visiting year after year. Although I like visiting HK, working there might be slightly different. Just like how it was in Japan when I first moved there, it will be a challenge initially to adapt to the way people work there. But I'm always up for a good challenge -- especially one that has to do with moving to a new country.

With all these moving and traveling to different countries in the last 6 months, for once in my life, I can honestly admit that I'm simply tired from travelling. I'm not sick of it but just temporarily tired. Giving myself a break from travelling might not be a bad idea at this point... so maybe I'll just stay in LA and get my well needed r&r until my HK internship starts in June [of course, via Tokyo for a week or two =) ] But again, everytime I'm on the internet, I find myself searching for great travel deals... could this be a psychological problem?

[Mental Note] : Things I need to take care of before moving out of Ithaca for the summer:
  • Complete paperwork for summer sublet (yes, i found a sublet-er!)
  • Finish my Term Project for Valuation Principles class
  • Finish my Final project for Financial Modeling class
  • Coordinate with roommy in regarding moving logistics
  • Book air tix to HK/JP

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really like the name of your blog... braindump. very clever, buddy. it'll be fun when you come back in may... and then we can all celebrate yo' birthday!

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home