2

Friday, April 28, 2006

1 more week of classes


Last night I got together with all of my friends and had dinner at John Thomas Steakhouse. This place is probably the nicest and most expensive restaurant in town. We wanted to have a nice group dinner since school is almost over. I had the ribeye 24oz steak and it was pretty good. But the side dishes were not as good as last time though. I think the steak here is pretty comparable to Ruth Chris or Morton's in terms of the price and quality.

Afterwards, we head over to Madeline's for desserts and cappucino. I really like their desserts and each of us ended up ordering one so we had 7 different desserts to share! The funny thing is that we go out and eat like this all the time so tonight wasn't that unusual for us. Since all of us are into good food, we usually spend a good fortune every week eating out at different restaurants. We're quite a decadent group....if you see the way we've each been spending money the last 2 years we were here, nobody would ever believe us that we are poor graduate students! we've been spending money as if we're making 6 figures! but i'm definitely going to miss hanging out with my crew that i've really gotten to known the last two years. i'm thankful to have met them and hopefully we'll keep in touch after school ends. most of them will be in NYC and i'll be the only one out of the country. it's funny how when Bea first met me last year, she thought I was an international student! hahaha... we still talk about it.... I guess I'm fobblicious!

I was going to sleep in this morning, but I was woken up by a phone call. My friend, Winnie called me from HK! Apparently, she just got back from her vacation in Italy and wanted to catch up. Although it was 8am, it was nice talking to her and hearing about her trip. Next week, she's going to Amsterdam and London for work -- lucky girl!

In the afternoon, I played tennis with Sundar. I haven't played in about 6 years or so!! Man, I was so rusty on the court, but luckily we were about the same. We tied at 5-5 and we stopped. Good game.

Now, I'm off to the new Starbucks (again) with Sundar and Bea for some cappucino and dessert... I swear! I don't just sit around drinking cappucino all day long!

Have a great weekend peeps!

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna Banana said...

What a nice life you have!!!! You'll def miss all of it after your graduation dane~.

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home