2

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Back from Taiwan

I'm finally back from Taiwan. I ate so much on this trip. On the very last day, I must have caught a cold because I had a fever and threw up few times right before boarding my flight, which btw was a journey to say the least.... that literally took 21 hours door-to-door from Taipei to LA to Pittsburgh to Ithaca. For some reason, I'm also feeling dizzy and my left ear hurts from blowing my nose too many times. I'm totally falling apart. On top of that, I'm severely jet lagged so I find myself wide awake in the wee hours of the morning, and very sleepy in the middle of the day during class...heehee.

Despite catching a cold, my spring break in Taipei was fantastic. I got to meet up with Yuko, Achan, Jenny, and Michella. I also met my godson, Hal, for the first time! Hal is SO CUTE! He's a really good baby, didn't even cry the whole night! Yuko is also a great mom, and very attentive to Hal. Seeing Hal and and pregnant Jenny made me want a baby too!! It was also really nice catching up with friends who I haven't seen over a year. Nostalgia quickly set in when we started talking about how we use to hang out in Tokyo...our weekend trips to Onsen our crazy clubbing nites and parties. Ahh... fond memories of Japan. Hopefully, I'll see more of them this year when I move back to Asia! Afterall, HK is less than an hour away from Taiwan, and only 3~4 hours from Tokyo!

Dinner with Yuko, Achan, Jenny, Michael, and HAL!




Meet my godson, Hal. Yes, I'm the Godfather. I've always wanted to be called "The Godfather"...heehee




My dad and I at Ding Tai Fung eating shao-long-bao.




Where my grandmother's old house use to be. Now, it's turned into a public swimming pool.




My dad and I at Danshui




I saw this sign at a train station :D


3 Comments:

Blogger bookbug said...

Jack, thanks!
It was a memorable dinner for us too~!!
HAL won't never forget you, at least, he plays with his teddy bear from his godfather everyday.
But..you should take a rest seriously!
I'm so worrying about you:(
I really understand why you love trip though..

7:55 AM  
Blogger AkaRingo said...

i love taiwan!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Thanks Yuko! I'm feeling a bit better now. I'm glad that you came to Taiwan and brought Hal! He's really cute! Can't wait to see him next time again!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home