2

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

nostalgia

When I was walking back from school today, something reminded me of the past and it made me feel very nostalgic. It was exactly 2 years ago that I went on the snowboarding trip to Hokkaido with Kin, Koji, and 2 other friends in Japan. I must say it was such a memorable trip. Although there was a major snowstorm on the way back which caused the entire Chitose airport to shut down (forcing us to literally sleep on the floor of the Chitose airport), and I end up missing a day or two of work, overall the trip was pretty memorable. Even though it's been only two years since the trip, so many things have changed. Kin quit his job in Tokyo and moved to Taipei then back home to the bay area, and I also quit my job only to move to NY for b-school, and Koji have switched jobs but still in Tokyo.

I wonder what the next two years will look like once I finish b-school and move to HK? Will I enjoy living in HK just as much as I enjoyed living in Tokyo? Will I make good friends just like I did in Tokyo? I wonder when I will get tired of my globe trotting "adventure" and call it quits and move back to LA. Seems like many of my friends are asking me these same questions these days but I have no anwers for them. Only time will tell.

2 Comments:

Blogger bookbug said...

jack, you'll definitely get good friends in wherever you'll be in the future! and that'll help you to live and work there having fun:)

11:56 AM  
Blogger kinyoshi said...

That was definitely one of the most memorable trip I have ever taken as well; flights being cancelled multiple times, hopping from one train station to another in the blizzard hoping for a train to take us back, deciding to camp out in Chitose airport (by the way, it is still my favorite airport in the world! all the yummy food!!!), and finally catching a plane to make it back to Tokyo alive. All the mangas I have read and UNOs we played to kill time(do you remember how we rigged your UNO cards, so you never got your turn! hahaha). It was awesome!

You have done well for yourself Jack. I have no worries you will excel in the field you have chosen. I am just hoping that my ball will start rolling again.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home