2

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Surprise package in the mail

So tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I've decided this year not to travel anywhere. I'll be staying put in Ithaca so I can get the much needed R&R that my body has been begging me. It's a strange feeling to see all my friends leave one-by-one for Thanksgiving especially since I'm the one who is usually on the road traveling. Last Thanksgiving, I flew to Tokyo to attend my friend Yuko and A-chan's wedding. Can't believe its already been a year! Happy 1 year Anniversary! =)

This year is different. I don't really have any plans except to stay home, watch all of the DVDs that I bought over the summer, eat, and sleep. I definitely will force myself to sleep a lot since I haven't been getting too much sleep lately. But again, one can only sleep so much before he can sleep no more. The house is super quiet with my roommate away to London for the week. I was just at school earlier and it was also depressing to see an empty school. But, there's something about this break that makes me feel good...probably because I feel like I have so much free time to myself to do whatever I want and finally do the things that I've been putting it off.

I don't really mind spending Thanksgiving on my own since Thanksgiving has never really been a big holiday for my family. With my parents in Taiwan and Japan until the end of December, there really isn't any reason for me to go back home. Also since I'm planning to go back to LA in 2 weeks for winter break, it made more sense to just stay here.

In other news, I got a suprise package in the mail today. It came in a big box and it was from McK. In the box was a big basket containing all kinds of snacks - cheese, crackers, chocolate, cookies, crackers, popcorn, cheese spreads, sausage, and candies. If you look closely at the cookies (below), you'll see that the company's name is printed right on the cookie. How cool! It also contained a card congratulating me about the offer. Very thoughtful of the company.

1 Comments:

Blogger AkaRingo said...

what?! McK is kissing your a*s already?!?!?!

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home