2

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

weekend with kin in hk

all in all, it was yet another busy weekend for me. My friend, Kinyoshi was visiting for the weekend so it was nice having a visitor around.

Saturday - got another 3 hour massage during the afternoon - man, i can really get use to this! Then just spent the rest of the day shopping until Kinyoshi arrived at night. Once he arrived, we went out to Lan Kwai Fong to meet up with some of his other friends. We first met up at this bar called Da Vino for some drink. The place was pretty cool and it was packed with foreigners. Then after about an hour or so, some of his UCLA friends showed up so we all hung out, drank and talked. It was great fun meeting new people. Interesting because one of the girls who just moved to HK few months ago is also from Cerritos! Small world eh? After drinking, me, Kin, Christina, and Tanya tried to go to Volar while the rest of the group went to Backroom. Man, Volar was completely packed and its one of those places where you need to be either on their "cool" list, have membership to the club, or simply look "cool" enough to get in. But I guess Christina or Tanya has connection and was able to get us in so we all waited right near the entrance..but me and kin was tired and felt like eating instead.. so we ended up leaving the girls with their friends and went to eat at this late night chinese place called "Tsui Hwa" or something. It's basically a big chinese version of the late night diner joint. we were so stuffed...but we didnt' want to go back to the club since we were both tired so we called it a night around 2:30am and hitched a taxi home.

Sunday - woke up early and grabbed a quick bite to eat downstairs at the hotel buffett with Kin. Then we went out to Causeway Bay for some suit shopping for Kin. For lunch, met up with his UCLA friends, Raymond, Jen, and Amy for some good hardy dim sum. The food was awesome but the A/C was on full blast which was freezing! Spent the rest of all afternoon shopping around Mongkok for clothes and other stuff. Then said good bye to them and met up with Tanya and Christina at this Singaporean fusion style restaurant (Y's) back in Causeway Bay. I have to say, the food was excellent and I'm definitely going back! After dinner, we went over to Tanya's to check out her new apartment that she just moved into. The place was very nice. Afterwards, we headed back to LKF to meet up with Lucien, another friend from Tokyo for some drink. We drank at this bar called "Twenty One" and just talked. It was nice catching up with him since I haven't seen him ever since I left Tokyo last year! Then we called it a night around midnight since both Lucien and I had work the next day.

I've been sleeping so late every night...I guess I mainly try to stay up late so I can try to catch up with some of my friends back home on AIM. I've been getting less than 5 hours of sleep for the past 4 days -- NO WONDER I'M TIRED..sigh. Even the masseuse noticed from massaging the bottom of my feet that I was lacking sleep. What to do? Guess I'll have to force myself to go to bed early. My new goal for the summer: be in bed by midnight.

1 Comments:

Blogger kinyoshi said...

thanks for everything jack! it was good time! hope i can go back to hk before you leave. swing by taipei if you can!

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home